Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finished

I received the Clear epoxy coating and this evening I mixed and poured it onto the painted countertop. I used a cleaned yogurt container as the mixing bowl. It had bubbles in it while mixing.

I poured it on in sections then smoothed it out with the foam brush. My wife and I spent time making sure the edges did not drip on the floor and cabinets (they really dripped in some areas).

I have a propane torch, so after pouring out the mixture, I lit the torch and moved it about above the counter. The heat drew out the bubbles and popped them. When the bubbles popped it self leveled and filled in the holes. It was amazing to watch.

Hints:
* make sure to mix exactly equal portions
* push the extra to the edge not over the edge
* maybe use a mixing bowl that is glass or metal, not destructible plastic




1 comment:

Denae said...

The effect is amazing. This inspires me to do home improvements.